Welcome to the 12 Days of Crochet Christmas! Are you ready for 12 days of festive crochet fun? 12 days, 12 new crochet Christmas ornaments for you to make.
Each day from the 1st-12th of December I’ll be sharing a new free ornament pattern. Crochet along each day or pick and choose which ones you want to make.
Why Crochet Christmas Ornaments?
Christmas ornaments can hold such special significance. They make wonderful family heirlooms and treasured memories as well as special gifts.
What Crochet Supplies Do You Need to Make Christmas Ornaments?
Here are some supplies that you may need in order to crochet Christmas ornaments (always check your pattern for specifics):
- Crochet hook/s – size won’t matter so much when making ornaments but you’ll want the right size hook for the yarn you’re using.
- Yarn – different patterns will call for different weights and types of yarn (check your pattern to see what specific yarn is needed).
- A yarn needle, stitch marker and scissors.
- Safety eyes depending on what you’re making (check pattern for size).
- Polyester fiberfill.
- Other materials such as embroidery floss, floral wire, thin card, etc.
- Embellishments such as jingle bells, ribbon, pom poms, buttons, to make your ornaments extra special.
The Best Yarn for Crochet Christmas Ornaments
Most Christmas ornaments can be made with any fiber type and you may substitute yarn weights to make an ornament bigger or smaller.
My go-to for Christmas ornaments is 100% cotton yarn as it’s durable and holds it’s shape well.
When choosing yarn for your crochet Christmas ornaments, look for a brand that has a wide range of colours to choose from.
More Crochet Christmas Ornaments
You can check out past Christmas ornament collections here:
not ready to make this yet?
Pin this post for later
Did you make any of these projects?
Share a photo on social media and tag me @stitchbyfay. We love seeing your creations!
Have questions? Join the Facebook group!
Come and hang out with us in the Stitch by Fay Community Facebook group. We created this space for you to share pictures, ask questions and support each other.
These patterns are for personal use only and may not be copied, reproduced, altered, published or distributed in any way. If you wish to share these patterns, you may link to this post but please do not reprint it on your site.
You can sell finished products made from these patterns in small quantities. Do NOT use our photos as your sale photos.