Add a touch of magic with this mini potion bottle crochet pattern. They’re the perfect keychain size and would look super cute as part of a centerpiece or displayed in a bowl.
I’ve been having way too much fun making a bunch of these potion bottles.
This potion bottle crochet pattern is no-sew (bar a few ends to weave in) and is worked from the bottom up with some slip stitches added at the end to give definition between the bottle neck and the cork.
I finished mine by tying some brown yarn around the neck but you could also use twine or thin ribbon. I tied it a few different ways so experiment and see what you like best.
Change up the colours and add a heart charm for a sweet love potion or make them in red and blue for health and mana potions!
Potion Bottle Crochet Pattern
- DK weight yarn in light grey, dark brown and your choice of potion colour (I used Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK in Misty Grey, Coffee Bean and Blood Orange/Lime Green/Buttercup Yellow/ Rich Mauve)
- 2.5mm crochet hook
- Polyester fiberfill
- Optional: small charms or beads for decorating
- Stitch marker, yarn needle, scissors
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- inc – increase
- invdec – invisible decrease
- BLO – back loop only
- sl st – slip stitch
- st/s – stitch/es
- […] – repeat the instructions in brackets
- (…) – indicates stitch count at end of round
- The pattern is written using US terminology and measures approximately 2.75″ (7cm) tall when using the materials listed.
- Pieces are worked in a continuous spiral starting with a magic ring unless otherwise specified. Mark the first stitch of each round with a removable stitch marker.
- Gauge is not important in this pattern. Use a hook size to match your chosen yarn. Make sure that your stitches are tight enough to prevent stuffing showing through and adjust hook size if necessary.
LET’S GET STARTED!
Potion Bottle (starting with potion colour)
R1: 6 sc in magic ring (6)
R2: [Inc] x6 (12)
R3: [Sc, inc] x6 (18)
R4: Sc, inc, [2 sc, inc] x5, sc (24)
R5: [3 sc, inc] x6 (30)
R6-10: [Sc] x30 (30) 5 rounds – change to light grey in last st
R11: [Sc] x30 (30)
R12: [3 sc, invdec] x6 (24)
R13: Sc, invdec, [2 sc, invdec] x5, sc (18)
R14: [Sc, invdec] x6 (12)
Start stuffing and continue to stuff as you go.
R15-19: [Sc] x12 (12) 5 rounds – change to dark brown in last st
R20: BLO [sc] x12 (12)
R21-22: [Sc] x12 (12) 2 rounds
R23: BLO [sc, invdec] x4 (8)
Cut the yarn leaving a tail and pull through last st. Weave the yarn tail through the front loop only of the final round and pull to close. Hide end inside the potion bottle.
With the potion bottle facing the right way up, join light grey yarn in the first leftover front loop from R20.
Ch 1, sl st around in the remaining front loops. Fasten off invisibly to first sl st. Weave in ends.
Tie a piece of brown yarn around the neck of the bottle (don’t forget to add the charm/beads if using).
not ready to make this yet?
Pin this post for later
I love seeing your creations! Feel free to send me a photo or tag me on Instagram @stitchbyfay and use the hashtag #stitchbyfaypatterns.
This pattern is for personal use only and may not be copied, reproduced, altered, published or distributed in any way. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You can sell finished products made from this pattern in small quantities. Do NOT use our photos as your sale photos.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from these links, I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you – thanks for your support!