Day 7 of the 12 Days of Crochet Christmas is an adorable wreath ornament crochet pattern.
I love how simple this little wreath is. It works up quickly and holds it’s shape without needing to crochet around a ring. Feel free to have fun with the embellishments and make it your own.
(Contains Affiliate Links)
- DK weight yarn in green, white and red (I used Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK in Slate Green, Paper White and Pillar Red)
- 2.5mm crochet hook
- 1cm gold bell
- Yarn/twine for hanging
- Stitch marker, yarn needle, scissors
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- inc – increase
- invdec – invisible decrease
- BLO – back loop only
- sl st – slip stitch
- st/s – stitch/es
- […] – repeat the instructions in brackets
- (…) – indicates stitch count at end of round
The pattern is written using US terminology and measures approximately 2.25″ x 2.25″ (6cm x 6cm) when using the materials listed.
Pieces are worked in a continuous spiral without joining unless otherwise specified. Mark the first stitch of each round with a removable stitch marker.
The bow is made the same way as we did for the gingerbread ornament.
Ch 30, join to first ch without twisting.
R1: [Sc] x30 (30)
R2: 2 sc, inc, [4 sc, inc] x5, 2 sc (36)
R3: [5 sc, inc] x6 (42)
R4: [Sc] x42 (42)
R5: BLO [sc] x42 (42)
R6: [5 sc, invdec] x6 (36)
R7: 2 sc, invdec, [4 sc, invdec] x5, 2 sc (30)
Fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing.
Flatten the wreath so that both sides of the centre of the ring meet and the leftover front loops from R5 are running around the edge. Whip stitch together to close.
Join white yarn in any leftover front loop from R5. [Ch 1, sl st in next st] x42, ch 1, sl st in same st as join
Fasten off and weave in ends.
Ch 10, sl st in first ch. Ch 10, sl st back into the first ch.
Fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing. You should have 2 loops that are joined together.
- Using red yarn, sew small lines between R3 and R4. I made mine approximately 2 sts long with 1 st in between. Try and space them as evenly as possible.
- Sew the bow to the top of the wreath over R3. Your stitches will form the centre of the bow so make sure you’re stitching over where the 2 loops are joined. Stitch over it as many times as you like to get your desired look.
- Sew a gold bell to the middle of the wreath centred with the bow.
- Attach a hanging loop.
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Interested in the pattern and want to save it for later? Simply click the image below.
I love seeing your creations! Feel free to send me a photo or tag me on Instagram @stitchbyfay and use the hashtag #stitchbyfaypatterns.
This pattern is for personal use only and may not be copied, reproduced, altered, published or distributed in any way. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You can sell finished products made from this pattern by crediting Stitch by Fay as the pattern designer and providing a link back to this post.